This 0-6-0 tank engine was the second of four built by Orenstein and Koppel (Berlin, Germany) in 1922 for 1067mm gauge industrial railways in Japan. It worked for the Rinko Corporation in Niigata, which was nationalized in 1941, and the locomotive was then designated No. 1275 by the Ministry of Railways. Two years later, it was sold to Sumitomo's Japan Stainless Steel Naoetsu factory, where it worked for almost thirty years. The locomotive was retired in 1972 and sent to the Oigawa Railway Ikawa Line, where it ran between Senzu and Kawane-Ryogoku. It doubled for Iyo Railway No. 1 (Botchan-Ressha) in an NHK adaptation of Natsume Soseki's Botchan, and was then parked at Senzu from 1989 to 1997. No. 1275's final move was to Shin-Kanaya Station, where it was placed in the Plaza Loco Museum and repainted in a very Germanic-looking black livery with red frames and wheels.